Feathers from an Angel

One thing I believe every mother loves to do, is take pictures of their beautiful children. I am one of those mothers that take pictures of every little thing. I can say I have calmed down and was worse when my kids were younger. My son doesn't even like taking pictures anymore and it could be because of all the times I made him "smile for the camera". Now my daughter on the other hand is my little "DIVA", she loves to get her picture taken, playing dress up, playing in makeup, you know all those girly girl things. So that is what we did one night, she was my model while I practiced taking pictures. As part of taking the pictures I used little props like rose pedals and feathers, we had such a fun time. After all the play time was over I began to edit the pictures of course and I came upon a picture that stuck out to me. This picture brought back memories. 
As a little girl I used to have dreams of falling off a building as well as falling down steps and so on (like most people) but one thing that I remember was feeling safe when falling. I felt safe as I was falling because underneath me I had a feather gently floating me down to the ground. I remember always waking up as soon as I would be on the ground and wondering why the feather was as big as me, when we all know a feather is tiny compare to a person. Another dream I would always have, was when I was playing with another little girl that I thought looked some what like me and I was always laughing with her in my dreams. Upon later finding out that this little girl looked a lot like my aunt that I never got to meet that passed away at a very young age. Ever since finding that out and the joy I felt with this little girl and how I was always protected in my dreams, I believed that this little girl was my guardian angel sent from God. 
I named my daughter after my aunt because of this strange connection I had with a girl I never even meant and I can say she brings as much joy to my life as I felt in those dreams. When I looked at this picture more, it made me remember the protection that I felt and even reminded me of the little girl I used to dream of. Maybe the girl in the dream was God showing me my daughter and how our relationship would be, I am unsure. Either way she is truly an angel in my eyes and such a blessing. 
Photos have a way of reminding you of a time even when it may not be exactly related to the present. 

Comments

Popular Posts